A bit about me.....

I started cooking professionally in Australia in October 2000 aged just 17 after previously participating in an in-school traineeship while I was 16.

After competing in several apprentice skills competitions and a 3.5 year apprenticeship, I successfully completed my AQF3 in Commercial Cookery and Certificate of Proficiency - Commercial Cookery (western) – Both of which are issued by the N.S.W State Department of Education &Training.

Since then, I have worked in England, Scotland, on board Cruise ships and in Singapore.

I am about to start a new job as Chef De Cuisine in a place that shall remain secret for now....
Watch this space.....

Sunday 4 December 2011

Past work experiences

Hi everyone! Because this is a new blog I've added some photos of previous kitchens Ive wored in. In this post you will see pic's from when I worked for P&O Cruises on board MV Oriana.
I was very lucky to be put to work in "celebrity chef" Gary Rhodes restaurant called "Rhodes at the Curzon Room". It was just like working in a normal Al a carte restaurant on land. We chefs in the kitchen, had a 5 course set menu and only did a maximum of 90 covers a night. (Although it was usually 60 or so).
Working on the ship was very hard. Both physcally and emotionally.
The shifts I was working were 7am - 14:30, 16:30 - 23:30......7 days a week!
But the good times did out weigh the bad. I saw alot of beautiful parts of the world that I will never forget and parts of the world that i'll never go back to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment